Monday, August 25, 2008

Merdeka Magic


In the spirit of Merdeka
(Independence) Day, which is inching upon us Malaysians this Sunday (August 31), I decided to highlight some Merdeka related activities that are going on in the blogosphere.

I'll start by congratulating QuaChee, who recently came out with his very own book on Malaysia and its people entitled 50+1.malaysia. Thank you for making us Malaysians proud with this wonderful accomplishment QuaChee!

Divided into 7 segments (each with 51 items about our Malaysia), this book tells you all you need to know about the friendly people of Malaysia, our cultures and traditions, food havens found in Malaysia, places and attractions to visit, the many different celebrations we celebrate every year, our many hidden talents and many more. It will make a great addition to your bookcase and serve as an informative guide as well for those of you who are planning to visit Malaysia any time soon.




The ultimate travel-lifestyle-entertainment guide book for all Malaysians & foreigners, 50+1. malaysia is going for a mere RM19.90 and shipping is
FREE within Malaysia. You can get your copy now, by clicking here but you have to HURRY as this is a limited time offer only! Payments can be made via credit cards or PayPal.

Moving along, my friend Emila is also getting into the spirit of things by having a Merdeka Giveaway! Her Top Commentator and Top EC Dropper stand to bring home these awesome gifts - A Tee-shirt, a Mini Totebag and an A5 sketchbook! Now who wouldn't want to own these lovely gifts right? The closing date is on August 31 at 11.59pm, so if you notice me being MIA these next few days, you know where to find Mariuca! ;)



And last but not least, Manggis just started a new Merdeka Meme, with a very beautiful illo to go along with it. The illo comes in either Sephia or Colored, so feel free to take your pick when you visit Manggis. I'm going to go for the colored one of course! Thanks to Rizal too for tagging me with this one and now, I'm delighted to join in this meme and am tagging Jean, Emila, Adrian, Faisal, Nick, Nessa, Jamy, Shemah, Syura, Uncle Sam, LJ, Bokjae, Marvic, Joezul, Farah, Zubli, Mrs. Ezman, Debbie, Rozella & Erisha. All Malaysians are welcomed to join this meme as well. Please see rules below and have a great MERDEKA celebration to all my fellow Malaysians! :)

*begin copy*
  1. Add your site(s) to the list if you're a proud Malaysian Blogger!
  2. Pass this tag to as many Malaysian Blogger as you know, or if you're interested but nobody tags you, just include yourself voluntarily. Show some patriotism!
  3. Once you've done posting this tag, leave a comment HERE! and you will be visited by a Malaysian local fruit, Mangosteen by the name of Mango! and added to the Master List.
  4. Update list regularly to ensure every Malaysian Blogger gets equal link benefit.


I am a proud Malaysian blogger
1. mangosteenskin - Saya anak Malaysia! 2. Life is too short to be ordinary - Malaysia Tanahair Ku! 3. Sha's Love & Passion - Aku Anak Merdeka 4. A room of crazy scrapper - Merdeka!Merdeka! Merdeka? 5. Fliffy - Aku Patriotik, Sayang Malaysia ! 6. Rizal 7. haniz - Merdeka Forever! 8. Prozak Nation 9. CarolPinky - Proud Malaysian! 10. Mariuca - I HEART Malaysia! 11. Emila’s Illustrated Blog - Saya Anak Malaysia juga 12. Simple Life - Sam - Saya Anak Malaysia 13. Shemah's My Sweet Escape - Live, Enjoy and Love.. MALAYSIA! 14. Mariuca's Perfume Gallery - Made in Malaysia! 15. Yani-Tennitodoku-Proud to be a Malaysian-MERDEKA! 16.Bluecrystaldude from My Little Black Pot - Saya Harap Malaysia Terus Maju! 17. Apples of the eyes 18. Snapshotcap - Freedom of choice is made for you my friend :) 19. Anaheus 20.Confessions Of A Breathing Tote Bag 21. A Great Pleasure - Malaysia is a food paradise ~ simply yummy~licious! 22. Mummy HnH - Harith and Hannah - MERDEKA 51st Celebration!!! 23. Shafie - I'm Here For U Malaysia 24. Nessa - Happy 51st Merdeka, Malaysia! 25. marvic 26. Deasya 27. Asian Mutt International 28. Point Blank - Sokonglah Pelancongan Domestik, Malaysia Cantik Indah Nian! 29. Oyis Baby Journey - Selamat Menyambut Hari Kemerdekaan ke-51, Malaysia! 30. the life of a psychotic weirdo 31. Me,HubbyNKids-Hidup Malaysia !! 32. In Person..Zahiela Online- M.E.R.D.E.K.A!!! 33. Mimi-MERDEKA!MERDEKA!MERDEKA 34. ealyie.vanity strikes. 35. .vanity strikes. i grew up as a Malaysian shopaholic! 36. sweet life of ladyell-Selamatkan keMERDEKAan Malaysia..AllahuAkbar! 37. .~ripples of rasp ~ - Here In My Home, Malaysia 38. IT's ME..Niniess Passion - Proud to Be Anak Malaysia! 39. Dila ~ini duniaku~ - My heart, my soul, my dreams and my life all belong to MALAYSIA...40. YusVogue - I am Anak Malaysia Blogger 41. atune 42. Apa-Apa Jemama adib 43. mama adib 44. Better you Better world- Bangganya menjadi anak Malaysia 45. This is My Life by Osindak 46. Turn-u-Off 47. T.H -Malaysia My Home 48. A glimpse of Moi - Happy Merdeka 49. Home Sweet Home 50. ....... LadyVerde - I am bless to be Malaysian!!!....... 51. Lina's Loft - Anak Merdeka 52. Pourpres - Cubaan Menjadi Patriotik 53. Diahlicious - Buatan Malaysia :) 54. My Very First Blog - Be Thankful You're Malaysian! 55. The Ranting Cynic - I am Malaysian, mah.! 56. Lianny 57. Taf Teh 58. aRa's Official Blog - I was born in Sarawak...I grew up in Labuan...Further Study in Sabah and now i'm in Semenanjung...I'm MALAYSIAN!!! 59. Life's Roller Coaster - Beautiful Malaysia! 60. Carrot Run! – Cherish our land~ 61. Speechless - Zsazsa Project 62. Shopping - Malaysia Selamat Merdeka 63. mrs. ezman 64. My Life Story, something to share.. MERDEKA!! 65. Tekkaus - More WE, less ME! 66. It's a Rat's Life - Malaysian to the core! 67. Hatiku di sini - Berbanggalah kita kerana kita adalah rakyat Malaysia. Semoga keamanan terus bersama kita!! 68. Eiza - Higher than mountain, Deeper than Sea - Selamat hari Merdeka ke 51!! 69. SueGinola- i LOVE u MALAYSIA...!!! 70. Liangmui 38 Zone 71. Echo from Physco 72. you're next!

76 comments:

Nessa August 25, 2008 3:32 PM

Hi Marzie! Thanks for the tag :) This one's pretty easy kan. Will put it up soon ya.

Happy Monday to you :)

Shemah August 25, 2008 3:38 PM

Ooohh.. A special Merdeka Meme! I'll be honoured to do this one. I'll jump this up to the head of my meme queue. Thanks Marzie. After I put my lil girl to sleep, I'll post this one up! :) You can count on it!!

mangosteenskin August 25, 2008 3:38 PM

helo genie princess!

thanks for taking part! great post, macam ni baru terasa semangat merdeka!! Haha! BTW, u're no.10 okay!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) August 25, 2008 3:40 PM

Hey Marzie, another tag for me so soon? What did I do to you for deserving such a fate? Hahaha ...

Thanks for thinking of me when it comes to tag, ya? LOL! I'll get this done soon, before Merdeka, I hope :D

bonoriau August 25, 2008 3:57 PM

We love our country but some times The politician make everything become worst. Love Indonesia!!

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious August 25, 2008 3:57 PM

wow, congrates Quachee on your own book! :)

marzie, i love this illo by manggis. Thanks for tagging me. Now, i can proudly display this cute illo in my blog! :)

Mariuca August 25, 2008 4:19 PM

Hey Nessa! Thanks for being my first commenter here *HUGS*!

It's kacang putih to do and meaningful too, esp for this month, so of course must do this one right away he he! Happy Monday to u too! :):):)

Mariuca August 25, 2008 4:20 PM

YAY! Shemah, I too put this meme ahead of the rest seeing that the 31st is this Sunday! Let's go Malaysia! :):):)

Mariuca August 25, 2008 4:21 PM

Yeeha! Thanks for tagging me Manggis, this is a good meme so I was very honoured to join. Terus buat yg ni dulu he he! I've updated my list oredi, number 10 it is! :):):)

Mariuca August 25, 2008 4:23 PM

LOL!! Come on Nicky, this is a very simple one so obviously couldn't leave you out he he! We are proud Malaysian bloggers yes? Happy Merdeka! :):):)

Mariuca August 25, 2008 4:24 PM

Bono, I agree with u on some level. With the current scenario going on in M'sia, I need to have this beautiful meme here to lift my spirits! Happy Birthday Malaysia! Eh blm lagi he he... :):):)

Mariuca August 25, 2008 4:25 PM

Yes Jean! Congrats to QuaChee, what an achievement yeah? :)

Of course must tag u Jean, must always be together-gether when it comes to cute and cool memes like this! Good job Manggis! :):):)

Gelombang Rakyat August 25, 2008 4:27 PM

I shall be back here

InsyaAllah

Astalavista babe

MERDEKA!!!

emilayusof August 25, 2008 4:36 PM

Kudos to QuaChee! Hehehe ok, the tag is done!! Thanks for the tagasi, Marzie!

Mariuca August 25, 2008 4:42 PM

Ooooooh time-time Merdeka ni, baru le Zubli menjelma kat sini he he! Thanks a million for leaving ur comment here Zubli, we have missed you so the very here at Mariuca!

Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka! :):):)

Mariuca August 25, 2008 4:53 PM

LOL! Of coz must tagasi u Emila he he! I'll come over shortly.

And yeeha to QuaChee! Best kan to have ur own book out! :):):)

bonoriau August 25, 2008 4:59 PM

Your birthday 1st deh then Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka! ..Marzie just have look of this http://www.adspheres.com/index.php/index/reffer/refid/522

Shemah August 25, 2008 5:10 PM

I'm back!! And the post is UP!!!

Merdeka!!!

eastcoastlife August 25, 2008 5:28 PM

Happy Birthday double Ms - Mariuca and Malaysia!! :)

Mariuca August 25, 2008 5:52 PM

He he looks like it Bono, tu yg. kena take leave too LOL!

Thanks, I checked out the link, looks very interesting but still blur ni! Must read up some more. :)

Mariuca August 25, 2008 5:53 PM

Shemah! You're added here, thanks for being so speedy! MERDEKA! :)

Mariuca August 25, 2008 5:54 PM

YAY! Thanks ECL, love the double Ms! :):):)

LadyJava August 25, 2008 6:11 PM

Wohoo.. ok in the spirit of the Merdeka. I'll do this one too though my PR still not approved yet..lolzz!!

Will post this before I go off ok :)

Thanks dearie :)

Mariuca August 25, 2008 9:19 PM

Dat's why I tagged u LJ, mesti u nak be included. You and A can share this meme he he! Let's hear your Merdeka slogan! :):):)

Farah Deen August 25, 2008 10:07 PM

easy and patriotic! thanks for the tag and it's up on my other blog.

have a nice week ahead! :)

Anonymous,  August 25, 2008 10:18 PM

Thanks for all the comment at bonoriau. I'm still thinking something different concept to give the prizes.

Anonymous,  August 25, 2008 11:50 PM

Well, I'm not a Malaysian blogger, but I have a slogan for you...Make it a Mariuca Merdeka Night!

Roxy

Mariuca August 26, 2008 12:19 AM

Wah so fast Farah! I'll come see ur tag, happy MERDEKA! :):):)

Mariuca August 26, 2008 12:20 AM

No worries Bono, I like giving comment love, to deserving ppl of course he he! :)

Looking forward to ur next contest, just gimme a holler and I'll come see! :)

Mariuca August 26, 2008 12:22 AM

LOL!!! Thanks for joining the fun Roxy, love ur slogan! *Hugs*

Antown August 26, 2008 1:16 AM

mariuca, sya juga mau kirim ATC saya ke mas rizal, kunjungi blog saya ya

Anonymous,  August 26, 2008 3:31 AM

Hi GP...your thunderstorms finally came our way this afternoon. No worries, though, it will give me a chance to finish up my work before taking the rest of the week off to celebrate your birthday (and our Labor Day here).

Roxy

Anonymous,  August 26, 2008 3:32 AM

Just dropping off my Roxiticus Best Blogs EC, listening to Amy Winehouse on the porch in Bay Head. Tonight we're off to see Southside Johnny at Martell's Tiki Bar...

Roxy

Anonymous,  August 26, 2008 9:46 AM

Marzie, thanks for the tag. i'm putting it up asap. anyway, just one thing I need to point out tho. The link for mangosteen blog you put in the post that needed to be copy is wrong. it showed http://mangosteenskin.blogsot.com/
instead of blogspot.

when i put it up i'll come back okay. take care.

*gugggzzzzzzz* for you and kitty

Faisal Admar August 26, 2008 12:23 PM

mairuca i have done that here. hehe i was the first one for manggis... remember? :P

bokjae August 26, 2008 3:38 PM

A tag I must do to show my love for Malaysia!!!! Thanks marzie saves me the trouble of doing something for 31st August!

bonoriau August 26, 2008 4:44 PM

Drop my EC also deh! Do have any idea? or maybe we can organize togethar..heee

PINAY MOMMY August 26, 2008 5:23 PM

hello GP!!

happy independence day to your country Malaysia! dropping here to give you warm hugs and kisses.

always

ruby aka pinay mommy

mangosteenskin August 26, 2008 6:48 PM

helo mariuca!!!

THANK U soooo much! i didn't realize the typo...hehehe...blogsot...mmg dah sot...hehe...i've repaired the link! u're such a good observer.

LadyJava August 26, 2008 7:50 PM

Hi Sweetie. on my LJL round now.. baru nak thanks...lol!!

Rozella August 26, 2008 8:23 PM

I'll do, I'll do! I promise!! Hehehe

Anonymous,  August 26, 2008 9:28 PM

Greetings from the beach, Genie Princess...just started a Battle of the Blogs against Stik and his cows, it would be sad if I lost to cow poop!

If you join one too, I'll be sure to stop by and votevotevote!

Roxy

Anonymous,  August 27, 2008 12:36 AM

thx for the tag. i did it already. Happy Coming 31st Aug. MERDEKA!

Mariuca August 27, 2008 1:00 AM

Hi Roxy! Glad to see you're having fun, I'm enjoying ur sun and joy from way over here, thanks for sharing sweetie!

Yay, you won ur battle against Stik and I got to vote too! I was away from my PC and almost didn't make it, but got there in the nick of time phew! Do I feel another BOTB coming on Roxy? :):):)

Mariuca August 27, 2008 1:02 AM

Hey Antown, it's nice to see u back! I'll visit u too! :)

Mariuca August 27, 2008 1:07 AM

Yay! Thanks Joe, I couldn't leave u out of this cool meme! So happy u're here again today lol! Oh the link has been fixed, thanks for pointing it out to me, I've informed the meme creator already he he! :):):)

Mariuca August 27, 2008 1:08 AM

Faisal!! I only noticed u already joined after I left my comment at ur blog he he! Hey, at lest u get some linky love here right? :):):)

Mariuca August 27, 2008 1:10 AM

He he!! I had a feeling you'd appreciate this tag Bokjae! Happy Merdeka to u! :):):)

Mariuca August 27, 2008 1:11 AM

Bono, lemme put on my thinking cap first yeah? Thanks for dropping ur EC here today! :)

Mariuca August 27, 2008 1:12 AM

Ruby!! Thanks for dropping by today dearie! Hugs and kisses back at you! :):):)

Mariuca August 27, 2008 1:13 AM

LOL!! Manggis, actually Joe pointed it out to me here he he! But of course must inform u quickly since u're the creator! ;)

Mariuca August 27, 2008 1:14 AM

LJ! You must be sleeping already by now, ni betul-betul nak jadi normal ppl ni! ;)

Mariuca August 27, 2008 1:15 AM

LOL!!! Sure or noooooooot Rozella? Ha ha ha! Merdeka!! :):):)

Mariuca August 27, 2008 1:16 AM

Yay, thanks Erisha! Love ur Merdeka spirit! I'll come see ur Merdeka slogan. :):):)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious August 27, 2008 2:38 AM

aloha marzie! just a quick drop to let u know that i've done this tag! :)

http://agreatpleasure.blogspot.com/2008/08/merdeka-meme.html

Happy wednesday!! :)

Mariuca August 27, 2008 11:38 AM

Aloha Jean! Yay, you're done with the merdeka meme oredi! I'll come check out ur slogan at 12pm, then can drop off my EC sekali. Happy Wednesday! :):):)

mangosteenskin August 27, 2008 12:18 PM

yeah mariuca!! 're so good at keeping updates!! bravo!!

Mariuca August 27, 2008 12:46 PM

He he, of coz must update regularly Manggis, thanks for such a cute meme! Lagi bersemangat to update! :):):)

Nessa August 27, 2008 1:00 PM

I've done and posted my Merdeka meme, come and have a look when you're free K :)

Mariuca August 27, 2008 1:08 PM

Yay! Happy Merdeka to u Nessa, I'm at ur blog right now dear! :):):)

Anonymous,  August 27, 2008 2:28 PM

Marzie, happy wednesday. Woow your tagging get good respond ..mantap deh!!

Rozella August 28, 2008 7:54 AM

No plans lah dear. I'll be working. :( But got good OT lah! Hehehe

What about you? Big birthday bash?

Happy birthday once again!!!! :)

Mariuca August 28, 2008 5:09 PM

Happy Thursday Bono! Me too, happy to see the Merdeka meme filling up with wonderful Malaysians! Merdeka!! :):):)

Mariuca August 28, 2008 5:10 PM

Hola Just for Music! Welcome to Mariuca's blog and thanks for the link! ;)

Mariuca August 28, 2008 5:11 PM

Rozella!! Working again this weekend?! Good thing dapat OT lol...enjoy yourself too, all work and no play...well u know the rest! ;)

Me off for a short birthday break tomorrow yeeha!! :):):)

Unknown August 29, 2008 2:33 AM

thanks mariuca :) yes, its nice to have this book on malaysia out... feels so at home haha

Adrian August 29, 2008 8:07 AM

GP!! Thanks for the tag....sorry for being so late to respond...but you know lah...been pretty busy and all! :) DOn't think I'll have time to put it up to be honest.

You take care and have a great birthday! :)

Mariuca August 29, 2008 11:25 AM

Quachee! Congrats on this great accomplishment! May this book be successful in the market and here in the blogworld YAY! :):):)

Mariuca August 31, 2008 1:35 PM

Okies GK, Happy Merdeka to u! :):):)

mangosteenskin August 31, 2008 10:01 PM

happy merdeka mariuca!! semoga sukses selalu!

Mariuca September 02, 2008 1:51 PM

Thanks Manggis! I hope u had a good Merdeka holiday! :)

Mariuca October 03, 2008 1:15 PM

LOL! Merdeka Magis indeed! :)

emilayusof October 18, 2008 11:00 AM

haha! sekarang ni dah tak rasa magis dah!

emilayusof October 18, 2008 11:01 AM

dengan kes girls yg gengster dan SRK tu..i don't think it's magis anymore...

Post a Comment

Love n Hugs from Genie Princess!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Mariuca's Visitors