Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Why I Blog?

I've been invited by my new friend Mel, to participate in his meme on the reason you blog. I've been blogging for almost 1 year now and have made many great friends along the way. They are my daily reads, my breakfast buddies and even my shoulders to cry on when need be. With that, I'd like to invite 5 very important people to join this meme (please read the rules) and share with me their reasons for blogging!



Jean, Janice, Emila, Bobby and LadyJava, you're it! :)


**Start Copy Here**

We have a voice;
We must be heard;
Therefore we blog;
Now spread the word!

This meme is based on a recent post that was conducted asking the question “Why do you Blog?” and the rewrite “Why do you Blog? - Reworked.” The purpose of this meme is to tell our tales by spreading the reasons that we blog to as many sites as possible. We get to explain ourselves, direct traffic to our site and highlight our most important, most representative or most relevant post in an SEO favorable format. This will be a positive experience for everyone who wants to get involved. This will enable you to create a short advertisement for your site that will be spread across the blogesphere; a growing directory of blogs.

This is an open meme. You do not have to be tagged to join in. All you have to do is follow the rules.

Please let me know when you have added your site by leaving a comment on “Complete List” with a link to your post. This will insure an up-to-date list, giving you even greater distribution. You then have the option of copying the growing list back to your site.

Rules:

  1. Create an inventive post title
  2. Write a brief introduction to the meme.
  3. Copy from “**Start Copy Here**” through “**End Copy Here**”
  4. Paste into your post
  5. At the end of the “*list*”, before “**End copy here**”, please add your name, site name (with link), a very brief description (2-3 sentences) of why you blog, and your most important, most representative, or most relevant post (with link.)
  6. Tag at least 5 others to participate.
  7. Leave a comment and a link to your post on “Complete List

*List*
My name is Mel and I am the Author of Attitude, the Ultimate Power, aka Monday Morning Power. I blog because I am passionate about happiness and living in the moment. I want to spread the concept that we are in control of our own lives and can choose how we act and react. My site is focused on the Pursuit, Capture, Care and Feeding of a Positive Mental Attitude. One of my most representative posts is “Happiness Vs. Human Nature.

I am Max and I offer weekly articles on MAX. Why do I blog? I do it because I want to share my thoughts with you guys. I present a new and interesting way of transmitting philosophical thoughts: funny, engaging and intriguing! My funniest, yet intriguing, post is "Don't you just love People?"

I am the Great and Powerful Baba Doodlius. My 100% factual blog The Thoughts and Sayings Of Baba Doodlius is intended to educate all of you curious readers about the Truth behind the Great Secrets of the Universe. I have the Truth! Can you handle the Truth? For a sample of my powers of enlightenment, read my Revelation of the terrible secret of Bigfoot, aka Don't get stepped on.

My name is Amelia and I am the Author of Amel's Realm. I blog because I need to voice everything in my world so that I won't explode. My site is all about thoughts, experiences, fears, problems, misadventures, hopes, and dreams of an introverted tropical girl in a foreign land (Finland). One of my most representative posts is On Trust and Relationship.

I am Geoff of Geoffandcarley.com and I blog for reasons as diverse and as fickle as my moods. Mostly I blog because I'm firmly convinced I've figured a few things out and that the world will benefit from my experience the same way I've benefited from others' experiences. One post that I feel captures my emotional involvement and my ire (but not my humor as much) is Decision time.

My name is Judy and I am the Author of ~~Sugar Queen's Dream~~. I blog because it's cheap therapy and I have something to say. I feel my most powerful post is called “The Myths of Smoking......

My name is Sindi and I have written a blog entitled Life is a roller coaster!. My blog is based on the ups and downs of everyday life. I started blogging because I was going through some hard times and I wanted to meet new people to talk to. I like to write and was hoping people might enjoy reading what I have to say. I think the most inspiring post I have written to date is We Effect So Many.

People call me the Midgetmanofsteel (although I’m neither a midget, nor made of steel). I am the sole author the blog Mental Poo: a mostly true and humorous account of things that have happened to me, are happening to me, or are just filling my head and taking up valuable space where images of women should be. You can get a sneak peek into my mess of a brain by reading “Raisins are People” – a true account of my son’s first field trip.

My name is Sandee and I have a blog called Comedy Plus. My blog is just for fun, and I started it to poke fun about everyday life. My reason for blogging is to have fun and meet new friends. I have done both beyond my wildest dreams. I have posted lots of jokes, but when ask what my favorite joke is, I always pick Anger Management.

My name is Lynda. I blog to as a way to expose my writings and to spread my knowledge on the subject of love. My primary blog (I have 15) is lynda's loft. My favorite piece would be I LOVE..... I have over 300 original poems and posts dealing with the wonderful and painful world of love. I love love!

My name Adrian, although most of you probably know me as the Mighty Genie King. I am the author First Time Dad. I started blogging as a way to document my growing up pains as my wife and I raise our daughter. I hope that one day my daughter will be able to look at this and get an idea what life was like "back then". Now I blog about everything but the main focus is still the same! One of my favorite posts is Goodnight Sweetheart! Hello Basil! Eh...Who's Basil...

Hello, my name is Ann and I'm the author of A Nice Place in the Sun. I blog because I care about people and want to make them happy. My site is focused on humorous, inspiring, and nostalgic posts about life, children, and memories. My most representative post, or the post where I'm most myself is "The Craziest Experience Of My Life."

We are a team of writers, and everyone calls us NAFA, so that would be our name. We are the proud authors of NAFASG©™ - United And Dedicated Behind You™. Blogging, to us, is a form of spreading useful information and sharing our knowledge to every part of the world in order to contribute to the betterment of our global community. The post that we feel would be representative of our blog and the global community at large is The Sociological Interaction.

Hola! This is Mariuca and I blog because writing is what makes me whole. I write about anything under the sun from life, love, friends to cats and work. I tend to write best when under pressure and my personal favourite post from Mariuca is Love in Disarray.

My name is Susan and I am the Owner of ~~Wake up America ~~, which is a political, right leaning blog. I blog because I believe we need more voices out there to separate fact from fiction, to support our troops and to high light the lack of ethics from journalists today. I feel my most powerful post is called "Are You Proud to be an American......"

"Here I am :-) My name is Mauro and I'm the author of 1 Million Love Messages ... maybe the biggest love challenge in the blogosphere. Why I blog ??? Because I believe that bloggers can make a difference in the world. That's my challenge! My favourite post it's (for sure) Adam Donkus & Lizzie's Love History."

Hi there World I am Aussie, the author of Little Aussie Cynic and I want to Breathe among others. I was recently asked:"Why Do you Blog?" this takes me back to the beginning... I started blogging in an attempt to get people thinking, using my cynical humour as a tool to make people laugh, think and at times get the blood pumping.... Each of my Blogs takes in a little peice of my varied personality but the one which discribes me best would have to be There is Always a Natural Way the latest edition to the Aussie Cynic Family...

I am Zubli Zainordin, in Total Happiness, I organize the Book Project blog and co-author Santa's Community Blog and Hall Of Fame Blog. I blog with the purpose of documenting about my self for my own reference, my future generations and friends who prefer to know me. I also share vital and valuable information entirely on total happiness. I believe in Santa Claus and I share the Spirit of Christmas within this Blog World. In addition I promote bloggers, their blogs, and invite them to share their blogging experiences, and together with Shinade, I review their blogs and award them with the Zubli and Shinade Recommended Read awards. Those who continuously show continuous blogging improvements shall be residence of the Hall Of Fame blog.

Hi, My name is Janice Ng & I'm the miracle mum from "This is a miracle". I started to blog to document the foot steps of my 2 boys : Amos & Zachary. With this blog, they are able to look back what they have been through: their joy, excitement, laughter, fighting, crying, screaming... etc when they grow up. One of my favourite post is "The loving brothers" on how the 2 brothers showed they tenderly care through a piece of strawberry cake!!

The internet world knows me by LadyJava. My first blog, "how to make money online" was actually the reason why I started blogging. I wanted to share to the world that I was making online share my experience about it. However I enjoyed blogging so much that the habit quickly caught on and I began writing a few other blogs as well. This blog, however, is by far my favorite blog as I've made many friends from all over the world and I continue blogging as an avenue for me to share my life with friends and would-be friends. My favorite post is "Coffee and Me" as I am officially a coffee addict.

Ohaiyo! My name is Jean Chia from A Great Pleasure. I started blogging around end March 2007. My earlier intention was to store my recipes permanently online while it is accesible anywhere in this world. As I blog, I met many new interesting peoples around the world. It was truly a great pleasure to know them and I am honored to award them in Award For You, My Great Friend. One of my favourite post is my first post which was about my niece : First "Ah Yi". Now, blogging seems to me as a way to express myself freely. It has been a joyful experience and I'll blog for as long as I can.

Hello! My name is Emila and I run my own blog, Emila’s Illustrated Blog. I started blogging in Friendster, later moved to Blogspot and later later moved to my own domain for good. The main reason I blog is to update my friends about my daily life/my son’s development and to showcase my artworks. My favourite post is My Bundle of Joy.

I am Karen, writer of the blog, Journey with WaterLearner. My blog documents my humble journey of Awareness and Practical Spirituality. I am glad to have found many like-minded buddies in the blogosphere. I was the humble servant of the Spiritual Boot Camp for Say No Evil which was attended by 21 campers. Some of my favourite posts that might guide you to reflection are: The Pearl Within, Learn to Sink, Spiritual Facial & Uneasy Goodness.

My name is Jamilla a.k.a Jamy. What I Feel, I Just Blog is really my inner voice to tell anything that I am aware of in my life. I started blogging since June 2007, not long ago. I am happy that I can share and give love, happiness, caring and support through blogging together with a group of my bloggermates. My quote is "Make difference in your life by giving love, happiness, hope, joy, support and encouragement to the world!" The post that I really appreciate and respect myself is Turn Blogging Into A Real World . My first step towards the difference and miracle to the people who is around me.

Hello World! My name is Bobby Revell. I blog to spread love and friendship. I love all people! My goal is to destroy prejudice and help people realize that it is love, not money that determines success. I hope to work with all of you so that EVERYONE ON EARTH WILL BE FRIENDS! This will make war a distant memory. I believe in my purpose. I blog for my readers, not for myself. I will never again ask anyone for a link because a link should be a gift. You shouldn’t have to ask for a gift! I am like a zen artist who works on a piece but doesn’t sign his name on it. It is unimportant what I do. It is important for what I do to have an impact on bringing love to all of you. My blog is about blogging ethics. I see it as the spiritual blogging ethics of love! One post that defines who I am is Promoting Racial Unity. I love you all!

I don't know why I ever started blogging. I think it was an experiment. My business blog was created as a response to customer questions. All my other blogs, and I have too many to list them here, came into existence because it was too difficult to create just one blog to cover so many dreams and ideas. So now you know: I blog to share dreams. I do it with Pamil Visions Tutorials and I do it with Romania Simply Surprising. And sharing dreams will never stop... This list shares dreams too. And I am happy to be part of a collective dream. We can change the world when we dream together.

Her name's Bobo, the little Bimbo from a small sunny island called Singapore. She thinks that the world may not know enough about her little happy homeland... and some may have the wrong impression of Singapore. With all the "fines" and rules in the country, she hopes to have a chance to show people that Singapore is a really FINE country with posts like Attractions in Singapore and Singlish. Her "Bimbo with a Twist" is also a complaint dumping ground when her days really suck and she just doesn't want to terrorise any individual with her endless ranting... she needs to terrorise a nice corner of this blogosphere.

Hi! My name is Crystal, my middle name actually. I am the author of Choc Mint Girl. I started to blog because I need my own space to 'just write', but what I find here is quite inspiring and I am amazed at how many different bloggers with different approach ended up as great friends and inspire each other. It doesn’t matter what I blog about as long as the two parties find the connection in one another, that will be the best reason of why do I actually blog. I guess my most relevant post is my very first innocent post, Getting Started.

I'm Holly from Mama Pajama. I am a stay-at-home mom to my two year old son, Cameron. He is such a joy in our lives. I just stumbled across blogging after watching a television show. I wish I had found it sooner, as it has been so much fun meeting people all across the globe. It's my own place to share about my family, interests, likes, dislikes, etc. I love that I've found my own little circle of blog buddies that will read the stuff I have to say....as mundane or silly as it might be! LOL It's fun leaving others comments, and knowing that something I post or comment just might make someone smile that day. I'm already having a hard time turning off my computer at night, so I'm hoping to keep this blogging addiction under control. My favorite post so far is Lucky Girl.

I'm Kathleen of Invisible Keepsakes. Well, I blog because if I don't, I'll go mad and get very hard to live with. I need a tableau for my creative endeavors. I write poetry. That is to say, I am a poet. I'm not a great poet; nor am I a deep poet, but I love wordplay and creating images and entertaining people with my ideas and interpretations of events and news and random topics. I've written quite a lot of poems, some have even been published, but I think the one I would have you read is Bad Dawg #7 because I feel so strongly about it.

I am Beth or Skipper - whoever you are most comfortable with, and I author My Life Starts at Forty Two. I am really trying to turn my life and myself around - and become the best me that I can. It is not always easy with family, illness, etc, but I refuse to give up. This is my journal of journey. One of the best posts that I can use to describe me is The Decision.

I am Delirious the creator of Lifeonalimb. I always wished I could have my own little newspaper and write all of the columns myself. But since I probably wouldn't make enough money to pay for the paper to publish it, I decided to go the "free route" instead. I don't think this is my best post, but probably one that most people would enjoy; death-defying Stop in, check it out, leave a comment, then go get therapy.

I am Bridget from "And Miles To Go Before We Sleep" I am a stay at home mom of five young children, ages 1-12, three of which have special needs. Two of my boys are afflicted with Autism so it is a very busy household. I started bogging because our family moves around a lot and we ar very far away from our families and this was a great was to stay in touch with them. I met so many great people through blogging and I enjoyed it so much that I now feel like it's another job (one that I enjoy). My favorite post so far has to be The Old Tree In The Middle Of The Dry Desert.

My name is Winsome Gunning and I am an artist who started blogging about `The Creative Process’ and `The Power of Listening to Silence’ on Winsome Gunning Art Walk. From my own listening to silence came A New Green Earth my personal voice for green change. About DioxinAbout Simple Ways and A Green Earth are also my voices for green change. On these two blogs I publish contemporary green news from around the world.

I am the wily Blogolope, and I blog for fun and to get things off my chest and hopefully be funny. I created Blogolope because I thought it would be fun, simple as that. Blogolope to Assist Santa, Elves if a funny post.an example of the issues about which I have felt compelled to write.

My name is Michelle of Crow's Feet . I started writing because I love words and wanted to make people feel... and think, but I soon realised that writing is about connecting. Because the more we connect to others - the more we learn about ourselves. I'm picking my post Small Miracles as representing who I am, why I blog... and why I love the internet.

My name is Claire and I created the blog Bebo Author. I write because I'd go crazy otherwise and I blog to help others (especially young, unpublished writers) share their work. I want to promote writers and give people a place to share their advice and tips for others. My favourite post is a hard one to pick so I'll say Writing Tips.

My name is Stine, a Norwegian mother of 6, and I blog at Mother's Home!. I have recently created another blog/site, Mother's Got A Dot Com. Why? First, for my own enjoyment. I've gotten to "know" so many lovely people since I started, and blogging has become an addiction (Sound familiar?) Second, I'm continually amazed that I can actually earn a little extra doing what I enjoy so much... I also get to let out some steam sometimes, as in Stage Mums.



**End Copy Here**

47 comments:

Bobby Revell October 17, 2007 4:02 AM

It's nice to see you back! I have 2 other memes to do 1st and then I will do this one! Thanks for the tag Marzie:)

J@n!ce October 17, 2007 9:36 AM

Marzie, welcome you back from your Raya. I hope you din put on extra kg with those yummilicious food?

Anyway, you will still be as sweet to me lah !! :)

Thanks for giving me a chance to do this I saw it somewhere but nobody tag me mah. hehe....;p

I will get it up today :)

Janice Ng

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious October 17, 2007 9:48 AM

Hi Marzie, wow posting on your first comeback from raya! :)
we've been missing u heaps... :)) thanks for the tagging, will do it tonight! :) *HUGZ*

Jean Chia

Adrian October 17, 2007 11:26 AM

Hi GP! Welcome back! Must be filled to the brim with rendang and ketupat from all those Raya parties! :):):)

This meme looks like its going to go places! AND I notice that you laid claim to Jan and Jean early and didn't give me chance to tag those two beautiful ladies again did ya?!?!! hehehe

Genie King

Mariuca October 17, 2007 4:17 PM

Bobby, thanks for being the first to respond to this meme invitation, looking forward to ur post then, yay! :):):)

Mariuca October 17, 2007 4:18 PM

Janice! Then it's a good thing I tagged you huh? Couldn't leave my gal pal behind now could I? :):):)

Mariuca October 17, 2007 4:19 PM

Hi Jean, missed me is it? He he..that's so sweet of u! I'm back but still a bit slow la he he... hope to see ur meme up soon yeah? :):):)

Mariuca October 17, 2007 4:25 PM

Hola GK! I was up the whole night and just woke up from my "nap" at noon... headache la now. Sorry GK, my ladies wouldn't forgive me if I didn't tag them with this "going places" meme! ;)

PS. Just had ketupat and serunding for breakfast today! Also had so many diff kinds of rendang during Raya that I think I can do without some for a long time now... :):):)

Adrian October 17, 2007 4:30 PM

Can you please not mention serunding...my mouth is starting to water already! :):):)

Cheers! :)

WaterLearner October 17, 2007 5:27 PM

Hey Genie Princess!!

It's good to have you back.. We missed you la.
How was your Raya holidays?

WaterLearner October 17, 2007 5:28 PM

I will try to do this meme tonight. I have been tagged by Janice :-)

emilayusof October 17, 2007 7:04 PM

Hola Princess! I'm back! I see that you tagged me! Will do it real soon! I still owe dunno how many tags! Will try to them all!

Anonymous,  October 17, 2007 8:55 PM

Welcome back Marzie!!!!

Hope you had lots of fun during raya with your family..

Will get to this meme soonest..

Hugs
LJ

J@n!ce October 17, 2007 10:25 PM

Marzie, thanks for the add. This meme is gonna be a bit lengthy as time goes by... hehe ;p

Janice Ng

Anonymous,  October 18, 2007 12:57 AM

Ok girlfriend... all done :-)

Mariuca October 18, 2007 1:31 AM

Ha ha ha GK why are u so funny la nowadays? LOL!! Ok ok... I'll stop tempting you, how's the gym coming along btw? :):):)

Mariuca October 18, 2007 1:33 AM

Hi Karen, nice to see u too! I had a really nice Raya, it was fun to just forget about work for a while and enjoy some good food and relax! :):):)

Mariuca October 18, 2007 1:35 AM

Emila, yay you're back! I had a blast la and am actually still on leave, so still relaxing! Looking forward to ur meme, thanks! :):):)

Mariuca October 18, 2007 1:36 AM

LJ!! Thanks dear, I've added u to my post! And it's great to see u again. :):):)

Mariuca October 18, 2007 1:37 AM

Janice, I know... that's why I kept my para short & sweet! :):):)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) October 18, 2007 9:52 AM

Hey Marz, welcome back. So, where's my rendang and ketupat, ha? LOL!

Anonymous,  October 18, 2007 10:38 AM

For me, 50-50, 50% for money, I don't deny that.. 50% for personal satisfaction.. the more I blog, I feel my express has become better.. I can write better... I can communicate better.. blog is like my training ground.. It does help me in my work too.. especially when writing a memo or letter to outsider.. anyway, it is nice to meet you.. hope you can come and visit my blog too sometimes.. and, Selamat Hari Raya!

Jamy October 18, 2007 11:00 AM

I love this meme!!!!!

The answer represent the entire of our blog. Heart Of Your Blog!

Marzie, have you collected ur heart badge in my recent post? Pls put it up in ur site bar for supporting the prayer in long term basis. TQ!

Bobby Revell October 18, 2007 12:08 PM

Writing makes you whole? Me too! Yay for all friendly bloggers!!!!!!!!
It's really nice to have you back Marzie...I missed you A LOT while you were busy. I'll do a good job with this meme!

YK October 18, 2007 3:02 PM

Yo! i have added you to my viral list http://www.projectsoccerbet.com/2007/10/viral-linking-it-is-about-community.html

It will be great if you can add me back. :)
Anchor Text:ProjectSoccerBet
URL: http://www.projectsoccerbet.com

Mariuca October 18, 2007 3:58 PM

Hi Nick, it's nice to see u back here. Pls dont mention rendang to me, had so much rendang over the break I'm positively muak oredi...for now that is! :):):)

Mariuca October 18, 2007 3:59 PM

Hi tuan rumah, thanks for sharing! Feel free to join this meme if u like, it's a pretty cool one huh? I'll be by to visit ur blog soon, thanks so much for visiting! :):):)

Mariuca October 18, 2007 4:00 PM

Jamilla!!! Come join this meme la! I haven't gone to collect anything yet dear, my Internet is down today, well since last night actually! Am using hubby's pc and connection now, will come by as soon as my Streamyx is back up yeah! Love ya! :):):)

Mariuca October 18, 2007 4:01 PM

Bobby!! I have no internet connection today la!!! Happened at 2am yesterday and I'm supposed to wait up to 48 hours for it to be reconnected!! :(:(:(

Mariuca October 18, 2007 4:02 PM

Hi YK,, thanks for informing me, will add u in asap! Have a great day! :):):)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious October 18, 2007 7:44 PM

hi marzie! i've posted this up! come hv a look! :)

http://agreatpleasure.blogspot.com/2007/10/reason-i-blog-is.html

Bobby Revell October 19, 2007 6:03 AM

Wow...I don't think I can handle missing you any longer! I am mad at your internet provider!!!!!!!!

Rolando October 19, 2007 12:39 PM

Wow, that's some meme Mariuca! That's a lot of link love. Woo hoo!

WaterLearner October 19, 2007 4:40 PM

Hi Marzie!!

Mine is done.. And you are also featured in my slide show of the stars of my blog!! Check it out!!

Anonymous,  October 19, 2007 9:07 PM

Hi Marzie,

Memes and fave trains are not my strongest thing, but I really like this one. It makes sense. You find a bit about everyone and you share the link love in a really original manner.

About the SEO aspect... Not going to happen. More than 20 links on a page lower the "link juice." Anyway, I don't think such a meme should be about SEO. It's more about meeting new people, learning about their interest, finding the paths to their blogs and so on. I will participate.

Mizohican October 19, 2007 10:22 PM

Hey welcome back! :) Wished you a happy Eid Mubarak on my blog, in case you haven't noticed :) Hope you like the pic of you I kept there :)

WaterLearner October 19, 2007 10:55 PM

Hey Genie Princess!!

I have done this meme! And you were one of the stars in the slide show...Check it out buddy!!

Mariuca October 20, 2007 2:37 AM

Hi Bobby, still no internet for me, so depressing! :(:(:( Thanks for coming by though! :):):)

Mariuca October 20, 2007 2:37 AM

Hi Rolando, this is an open meme. Feel free to join it if u're not already tagged by someone! ;)

Mariuca October 20, 2007 2:39 AM

Hi Karen, thanks so much woman, but I can only come by and check out ur blog once my internet is ok again. For now have to suffer without internet! :(:(:(

Mariuca October 20, 2007 2:40 AM

Hi Mig, I like the idea of this meme too. You get to know a lil' bit about the many diff blogs out there. Glad u decided to paticipate! :):):)

Mariuca October 20, 2007 3:00 AM

Sandman!! I haven been visiting anyone - my internet is down! I'll come by asap k, once I get my internet back. Till then, thanks for the wish on ur blog and can't wait to check it out! :):):)

NafaSg October 20, 2007 5:44 AM

Hi Marzie,

Check out our new post. We mention you in it..See ya around..Take care... =)

http://nafasg.blogspot.com/2007/10/blogging-for-friendship-blogging.html

Mariuca October 21, 2007 4:31 AM

Hi NAFA, I'm back and I've checked out ur post, thanks so much for the really nice mention of me there, love ya! :):):)

Bobby Revell October 21, 2007 3:25 PM

I have my post up! Thanks Marzie:)

Mariuca October 21, 2007 6:06 PM

Thank YOU Bobby, have added u to my list. :):):)

Anonymous,  October 26, 2007 2:56 PM

loDlcq Your blog is great. Articles is interesting!

Post a Comment

Love n Hugs from Genie Princess!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Mariuca's Visitors