Thursday, March 06, 2008

American Idol 80s Week!


I've been looking forward to this week's Idol performance simply because it's the fabulous 80s week! Putting aside the horrible hair-dos and clothes we thought were fashionable once, I love everything else about the 80s, especially the music! I do believe that I am very much stuck in this era; most of my favorite singers and songs hail from here and though I do love music from other eras, this particular style seems to suit my soul just fine and I never tire from listening to my 80s tunes.

This week, there were many favorite moments for me while watching the Top 16 perform. I was especially pleased to see Faithfully by Journey made it to the list but Kristy Lee Cook's rendition failed to do justice
to this beautiful song. I did however love David Cook's version of the classic eighties hit Hello by Lionel Richie while Michael Johns' take on Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds only made me love him even more!

But after watching the ladies tonight, I have to say that my favorite performance for this 80s
week is definitely by Carly Smithson! Despite the controversy surrounding her first album, which flopped miserably in the market, she won me over with her amazing vocals tonight. She first impressed me during Hollywood week when she sang Alone by Heart, which also happens to be one of my all-time favorite groups. Carly's singing gave me goose bumps tonight and she totally brought me back to the 80s. I thought her performance was flawless! I'd love to see her sing a Tina Arena song and am definitely looking forward to hearing more of her. So for this week, I hope America will vote Carly into the Top 12 - she's now officially one of my favorites! You hear that Bobby? This week you have to vote for Carly on my behalf LOL! ;)




19 comments:

Bobby Revell March 07, 2008 7:02 AM

Hi Marzie! Hahaha...I voted for David Archuleta this week for you! I didn't vote on the girl's night but will this coming week (only because you're my good friend!!!)

Just let me know who you like for sure and I'll vote both nights coming next week!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) March 07, 2008 1:56 PM

The first time they sang for the top 20 in AI, I told wifey to watch out for David Cook cos he'll go far and I'm sure glad he hasn't proven me wrong yet. That 'Hello' was out of this world! :D

Mariuca March 07, 2008 2:54 PM

Ha ha ha, thanks Bobby!! Now I feel like I'm part of it lol!! You're da best...okies, just continue voting for David A. and Carly he he he...can't believe you're indulging me in my wackiness lolz... :)

Mariuca March 07, 2008 3:04 PM

Nick! David C. was good since his audition days huh? I feel his main competition comes from Michael, love them both! :)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) March 07, 2008 4:36 PM

Hey Bobby, send one my way for David Cook! LOL!

Mariuca March 07, 2008 4:59 PM

LOL Nick, good thing Bobby is in US! One for David C. Bobby? ;)

LadyJava March 08, 2008 3:52 PM

GP! After watching yesterday show I think the US people did a fine job of choosing the top 12. All of them are so good..I can't decide which one is my fav yet.. except that Michael John or is it John Michael is sooooo cute!!! ehhehehe!

Bobby Revell March 08, 2008 8:16 PM

Hahahaha...I'm only allowed to vote for 1 male and 1 female. You silly idol fanatics:)

Mariuca March 08, 2008 10:57 PM

LJ! I love Michael too, he reminds me of JD from Rockstar last time! And I love his voice, I hope he does well. :)

Mariuca March 08, 2008 10:59 PM

Ha ha ha ha Bobby!!! Don't make fun of us silly idol fans la.. ;) Don't forget to vote k? LOL!!! :)

Nessa March 11, 2008 10:00 AM

I'm in love with Jason Castro's eyes!!! Haha

I like most of the guys, except Chikezie... my fav. Asia'h Epperson has been eliminated. She was awesome during the auditions... sighhh

Mariuca March 11, 2008 1:44 PM

Ha ha ha poor Chikezie!! Oh we were sad to see Asia'h leave too but thank goodness our faves like David A., Michael, David C. are still around! My least fave girl is definitely Kristy, I just can't see any star quality in her. Plus she didn't do a good job on my Journey song! :(

NafaSg March 12, 2008 4:26 PM

GO DAVID ARCHULETA!!!! =)=)=)

We are supporting this guy all the way. He is amazing!

Girls? Probably Syesha and Carly. They are the two most talented singers so far.

Mariuca March 13, 2008 6:41 AM

Hi NAFA! Oh GP loves David A. too!!! He's a darling isn't he? So shy and baik like that he he... My fave girl is Carly so far, am leaning more towards the guys this year. ;)

NafaSg March 15, 2008 1:02 PM

Ya we are leaning more towards the guys too. They are the ones rocking this season!!

Unfortunately, the first one to leave the competition was a guy. David H. Poor thing. He was quite good too. But the show must go on!

Adrian March 15, 2008 2:08 PM

GP!! David A hasn't been doing too well lately huh? He looks a little lost sometimes...hope he bucks up! :)

Mariuca March 16, 2008 1:02 AM

NAFA! I liked David H too! He was really good during the Hollywood auditions, think he's lacking in the personality dept. hence the cut last week! :(

Mariuca March 16, 2008 1:04 AM

GK, poor David is just confused I think. He's trying to loosen up a bit like the judges' advice. I hope he makes a comeback next week, am still a big fan! :)

emilayusof September 29, 2008 9:19 PM

bobby! vote david cook for me!

Post a Comment

Love n Hugs from Genie Princess!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Mariuca's Visitors