Monday, February 04, 2008

My Addiction, My Vice

I read an interesting article on the Net last night, which listed 20 reasons to determine your addiction to TV soaps. In my case, I am only addicted to the Bold and the Beautiful seeing that is the only TV soap that I religiously watch and follow. Here are some of my favorite indicators, which I personally feel, makes absolute sense in defining my addiction to B&B:

● You take the phone off the hook while your shows are on. (My clients and friends know better than to call me during my B&B break)
● You actually have withdrawal symptoms when you miss an episode. (Missing an episode of B&B will see me in a cranky mood until I get my next dose of B&B)

● Company comes over to visit and you just want to shut the door in their faces. (Either that, or come join me watch my favorite show together)
● You can't wait to get dinner/lunch ready and sit down and watch the tape while eating. (A quickie meal will be served if B&B is about to come on and it's an episode that I simply cannot miss!)

● You go somewhere and keep looking at your watch every five minutes, afraid you're not going to get back in time for the soaps. (It's a feat to try to get me leave the house when B&B is on and if you manage to do so, I'd make for very restless company!)
● You schedule doctor's appointments, etc. around (their airings) so you won't miss your soaps.(I sometimes postpone my appointments in order to accommodate an interesting episode of B&B)

Aired in over 100 countries, B&B commands an impressive viewership of about 300 million people around the globe; apparently, I am not the only one who can't go without it! I've been hooked on B&B ever since it first aired in 1987. There are so many reasons for my addiction to B&B. I love the dramatic plot twists, the scheming and backstabbing, the endless animosity between Brooke and Stephanie, the beautiful Taylor with her hair and make-up always perfectly in place, the returns from the dead, the deep dark secrets from the past and of course the jet-setting glamorous lifestyle of the Forrester family! Though the story lines tend to exaggerate reality at times, B&B never fails to amuse and entertain me, which is why I find it oh so sinfully addictive!

There is nothing better than unwinding after a hard day's work with a B&B marathon. Once in a very blue moon, B will indulge my B&B addiction by watching an episode or two with me. Our three cats will laze around nearby; amused at how the plots of this show can totally engross their Master sometimes. To me, the only thing better than watching B&B with B and the cats is perhaps watching B&B on a High Definition TV or HDTV!

Second Act
is an authorized dealer specializing in HDTVs from many renowned brands including
Sharp, Samsung, Toshiba, Denon, Marantz, JVC and Hitachi. They offer a Great Deal of the Day feature that lets you enjoy even bigger discounts for a single item for a limited 24-hour period. To receive notification of the latest Deal of the Day, you can subscribe to them via email or RSS.




I can totally picture myself watching B&B on this 46-inch wide-screen Samsung HDTV LCD, which offers remarkably crisp, high-quality pictures with deep blacks and brilliant colors. My favorite B&B characters would really come to live then! Unfortunately, there is nothing wrong with my current TV and though it is not as advanced or huge as this 46-inch Samsung HDTV, it certainly functions well and is still in mint condition from when we first purchased it about 4 years back. So unless I win the lottery or get a sudden windfall, I guess I will not be enjoying B&B on any HDTV sometime soon. If you have the extra cash to splurge on an HDTV, feel free to stop by Second Act and make your selection there. Don't forget to check out the Great Deal of the Day too!

25 comments:

J@n!ce February 04, 2008 7:32 PM

Hubs bought a new Sony 40" TV recently bcos the old projection TV is giving probs recently. So busy cleaning the house preparing for CNY.

Feeling good everyday now that the house is clean n dirt free... hehe ;p

Mariuca February 04, 2008 7:54 PM

Hi Janice! It's been a while since u were my first commenter, yay!

Wah, new TV it seems, best la...just in time for CNY celebrasi! I also need to clean my place, so dirty and dusty now....really need a maid la he he he!! :):):)

LadyJava February 04, 2008 9:54 PM

I want to watch B&B with you if you get that tv GP!!!! Can i please!!!!

Mariuca February 04, 2008 9:57 PM

LJ! If I get that TV, I'll throw a Boldie Bash, you will be my guest of honour he he he!! :):):)

One Wacky Mom February 05, 2008 10:32 AM

Marzie, that's so cute and I can't believe you're addicted to Bold and athe Beautiful...I love that show my friend!

One Wacky Mom February 05, 2008 10:33 AM

P.S....the book is coming...it's coming slow but sure and thank you for thinking and asking my frienhd!

LadyJava February 05, 2008 12:36 PM

Oh YEAYYY!!! that would be soo much fun GP!!!! Thank you!!! hehhehe... and we shall strap GK to the couch and make him watch with us!..lolzzzz

Mariuca February 05, 2008 2:18 PM

EV! I am so addicted ha ha ha!! I love the show and am happy to hear that you're a fan as well!

Good luck with the book, take ur time to make sure it turns out simply awesome! :):):)

Mariuca February 05, 2008 2:20 PM

LJ ha ha ha ha...that would be a hoot!! GK shall have the best seat in da house then lol... :):):)

LadyJava February 05, 2008 2:46 PM

lolsss GP! I love it and I love you for being such a sport!!! GK! Becareful....hehehhe..

Mariuca February 05, 2008 2:52 PM

LJ, I'm sure GK will be a good sport too and indulge us by coming to the bash, perhaps in his genie costume? ;)

LadyJava February 05, 2008 2:56 PM

hahaha... then we'll have a fashion show of our own...including the kids can dress up as well...lol....

Cheers GP!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) February 05, 2008 2:57 PM

Urmmmm Marzie, I think you need some help. I can recommend a good shrink if you want one ... LOL!

What is it with you and B&B? Gosh, that shows sends shivers up and down my spine la ... LOL!

But I'll have to agree with you on the HDTV thing. I'm sure all the back stabbing and plot twists will look all that much clearer on a HDTV ... LOL!

Mariuca February 05, 2008 3:11 PM

The kids will surely look adorable! I'll just turn it into a costume party cum Boldie Bash la! But guest list sikit je LJ since only u and me like Boldie ha ha ha ha!!!!

Mariuca February 05, 2008 3:12 PM

Nick! There is no cure la ha ha ha!! But yes, I love the idea of watching B&B's twists and turns in a bigger, clearer TV! Maybe u can get me a nice HDTV when u finally become a millionaire! :):):)

LadyJava February 05, 2008 3:30 PM

Don't worry GP! Between the two of us, one reluctant guest and the kids, we'll have a ball!!!

Mariuca February 05, 2008 3:49 PM

LOL!! I love the sound of reluctant guest ha ha ha... thanks LJ! ;)

Anonymous,  February 05, 2008 9:56 PM

gee i have the same withdrawal symptoms like yours

i wonder is it normal to be like that?

Mariuca February 05, 2008 10:16 PM

Bingo, welcome to Mariuca's blog and yes, it's perfectly normal he he he! :):):)

Anonymous,  February 06, 2008 3:17 AM

I think I stopped watching BB a few years ago... I'm totally lost in their spider webs of marriage to one another.. Hehehe...

Mariuca February 06, 2008 4:30 AM

Syura, it's okay! I too can't keep track of Brooke's many marriages and divorces. Good to know that you did watch B&B at one point! ;)

Bobby Revell February 06, 2008 11:14 AM

Marzie! Are you trying to sell TV's?
Hahahahaha! How could anyone watch
"Bed & Breakfast" that often? Do you have the director's cut or something?

Mariuca February 06, 2008 12:25 PM

Ha ha ha...I wish I had the director's cut for Bed & Breakfast Bobby! I'd be filthy rich then! :):):)

Anonymous,  February 28, 2008 9:01 PM

I really cant get into soaps

Mariuca February 28, 2008 9:38 PM

LOL Bingo..then u really shouldn't start, they can be very addictive! ;)

Post a Comment

Love n Hugs from Genie Princess!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Mariuca's Visitors