Thursday, July 05, 2007

Let's Do The Schmooze!

I was having second thoughts about writing this so soon after my last post on receiving the Blue Ribbon from the Blog Fairy. However, I’d really like to get to one particular blogger before someone else gets to him, so I decided to go ahead and announce my Power of Schmooze award from Mike!

This is my second much-appreciated award from dear Mike, the talented creator of Gummy, everybody's favourite green alien! Nowadays, you can also find Mike & Tish, busy working on a new wonderful project called BlogsWeLuv. When I first joined MBL several months back, it was Mike who stood out from the rest, offering his adorable smile and hand in friendship to me and this, I cherish until today! Undoubtedly one of the coolest bloggers here (did I mention that he’s also hot and single?) Mike amazes me with his talent and passion for drawing and comic writing - by far, one of the most outstanding yet.

Before I hand out the awards, schmoozing is the natural ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.” Good schmoozers effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship. And that's why, after much contemplation, I've chosen these 5 great friends of mine to receive their own Power of Schmooze Award!

Adrian for being the wonderful friend that he is! This guy has shown me much warmth and love, always putting me at ease whenever I see his Homer avatar on my page. Lovable and very approachable, Adrian has definitely charmed me with his funny, witty, smart and ultra friendly ways. In fact, he has everything you appreciate in a trusted friend and a First Time Dad.

Janice, author of This Is A Miracle, for making my days more cheerful with her visits. Janice leaves me funny comments on my blog and lovely little messages just to check in with me and say hello. That makes me value her friendship even more.

Zubli for consistently reminding me of his charismatic existence with unique one-word greetings or half-page messages almost daily. Zubli, the Sweet Talker that easily charms his way into the hearts of the most beautiful of ladies in MBL, you can’t help wondering what his secret is!

Revellian, for his devotion and appreciation for women. Thanks for lending a helping hand, during the good and the bad. A wonderful friend and listener that does his best to keep me smiling, he has taught me, in more ways than one, the true meaning of trust and friendship.

Last but definitely not least, is one of my favourite bloggers, Mr. Sandman, author of Illusionaire. This is the blogger that I admire from afar. The fact that he shies away from publicity, always keeping a low-profile despite being a talented and friendly writer, keeps me intrigued. Even now, after getting to know him better, I can’t seem to get enough!

Congratulations to all 5 bloggers and thanks for making my blogging journey simply wonderful! Now it’s your turn to award 5 other bloggers with the Power of Schmooze Award!


31 comments:

J@n!ce July 05, 2007 1:24 PM

Hi Marzie,

Is there a most awarded blog huh?
Thinker, Magical Fairy,.....now is the SchmOOze ... This banner even more "tekong" got muscle somemore :)
HAhAhAha ...
I am going to accept it anyway cos got muscle man to protect my blog mah.

Thanks dear :)

Mariuca July 05, 2007 1:26 PM

Hey Jan, enjoy your award ok and have fun choosing your favourites :)

Mizohican July 05, 2007 1:32 PM

I'm... speechless!!! I don't know what to say.... Thank you... thank you so much *tears filling up my eyes* ... First of all I'd like to thank my parents, for encouraging me and standing by me throughout my blogging career even when we didn't have anything to eat in the house. This goes out to you Ma, *muaah*. Next I would like to thank Jim, Tim and Sim, my best friends, who showed me that in this World there is no such thing as a blog post failure, and that every mistake we make is a stepping stone to a greater successful post. I would like to thank a very special person, my girlfriend lulu, for visiting my blog everyday, and for commenting "yes" to that new post of mine where I proposed marriage to her. I love you honey *muaaaah* Last but not the least, I would like to thank the Almighty Lord, for watching over me through all those nights and days of blogging and clicking on my own google ads. Thank you, I love you all. *Muaaah*

:)

Mariuca July 05, 2007 1:36 PM

Hi Sandman, does this mean you accept the award? Yay!!!

Ooooh, I visited ur blog today but haven't read this new post of yours, but I know that it's gonna be another great post from you!

Anonymous,  July 05, 2007 2:03 PM

You truly are the queen of schmoozers, Marzie..hehe. I'll probably be on cloud nine for a while after reading that :D

Gelombang Rakyat July 05, 2007 2:05 PM

Schmoozenizationnessly!

Mizohican July 05, 2007 2:06 PM

Of course! The award pic is already up on my blog :)

And about the new post I mentioned earlier, I was only joking.. :-P

Thanx for the award once again dear :)

emilayusof July 05, 2007 2:07 PM

Congratulations Marzie!! You truly deserve the Schmooze award!

I enjoyed reading Illusionaire's award acceptance, very Grammy-like! Been to his site and enjoyed reading his posts!

Mariuca July 05, 2007 2:10 PM

Mike, and you are the King of Schmoozers, OMG am so gonna tag you that now! LOL :) :)

Zubli, I agree...
Schmoozenizationnessly!

Mariuca July 05, 2007 2:14 PM

Thank u Emila, you are also deserving of the Schmooze award! Yay, am happy to find another illusionaire fan, great minds do think alike don't they? LOL :) :)

Sandman, am so happy you accepted the award. Ha ha, for a moment there you got me going on a romantic proposal post! ;)

J@n!ce July 05, 2007 3:11 PM

hey, I just peep over at the Illusionarie's..... his photo matches so well above that award.... hahaha :D
That's a long post he wrote. I think I will check it out tonite.
Bringing the boys out jalan ...

Mariuca July 05, 2007 3:14 PM

Ha ha, dreamy isn't he Janice? Anyway have fun with the boys, see u later!

Adrian July 05, 2007 3:53 PM

Excellent! Marzie what can I say? I am really touched to be awarded the Schmmozey! Now I can proudly display it on my blog! Cheers I'm off to celebrate! :)

Mariuca July 05, 2007 3:58 PM

LOL! Adrian, you truly deserve this award, now u have something to display at your lovely blog!Have fun celebrating :):)

Bobby Revell July 05, 2007 7:19 PM

Marzie, I am so touched by your lovely words:) It is YOU that have taught me the true meaning of trust and friendship. Babygirl, you are the sweetest, kindest, most beautiful and most understanding woman I have ever met in my entire life:):):):)
I accept this award from you even though I do not see myself as a schmoozer, I simply tell people how I really feel in my heart, nothing more. Your friend forever, Bobby:)
To me schmooze=being honestly nice
and that is something to be proud of;) (ok, maybe I do schmooze just a teeny bit LOL):)

Mariuca July 05, 2007 8:22 PM

Hi Bobby, you are definitely a schmoozer, I see you having conversations & leaving comments almost everywhere I go!

Thanks for your wonderful compliment, always with something nice & sweet to say you Awesome Guy Blogger you! :) :) :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious July 06, 2007 9:57 AM

congrats to you, marzie! you are truly amazing, having being awarded with award after award which you definitely deserved all these.. You are "angel of my blog" because you've been so helpful, kind and sweet to me since the first day i met you. Thanks, marzie! *hugzz and kissses*

Mariuca July 06, 2007 10:22 AM

Thank YOU Jean for all your support, you are definitely one of my best friends here :) and you too deserve your schmooze award! HUGZZZZZZ :) :)

NIHAL July 06, 2007 1:42 PM

Wow, another award! I'm soooooo happy for you :) This people really know how to scout for talent, BUT this time around, they picked THE BEST! Congrats :)

Mariuca July 06, 2007 1:52 PM

Nihal! HUGS for you! Thank you dear, without your support and friendship, I wouldn't have been able to receive it in the first place! Thanks for being such a good buddy :) :) :)

Anonymous,  July 07, 2007 12:40 PM

Well deserved! Congrats! I have a feeling you'll be getting more awards this month :)

Mariuca July 07, 2007 4:11 PM

Wow Baron, I'm honoured that you dropped by my blog! Thanks so much your kind words :) :)

Unknown July 08, 2007 8:01 PM

Hey congrats you are a beautiful schmoozer with the world's cutest cat!

Mariuca July 09, 2007 12:42 AM

Ha ha ha, the world's cutest cat really made my day! Thanks Amber, you're the best :)

Mariuca July 09, 2007 9:56 AM

Hi Bluest Butterfly, glad you made it here and yes...am still loving the pretty avatar of yours :) Thanks!

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats July 09, 2007 12:56 PM

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog. Saw photos of Phoebe. She is so cute! Must be quite big now since the photos are about 1 month old.

Mariuca July 09, 2007 1:42 PM

MEOW Sharlene! Happy to have your cute kitties visit my Phoebe again LOL! Phoebe is not really big just yet. In fact she still fits in my arms nicely for a cuddle! See you soon :)

LadyJava September 28, 2008 6:05 AM

Congrats everyone!!

emilayusof October 07, 2008 3:05 AM

the muscle kat banner schmooze tu reminds me of Fonz!

Post a Comment

Love n Hugs from Genie Princess!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Mariuca's Visitors