Monday, January 15, 2007

Waiting To Win

I often find myself dreaming about winning big in some grand contest, the type of win that will change my life! I’ve also entered quite a number of contests, but only savoured the sweet sensation of victory twice – when winning the class Jack-o-lantern in Grade 1 and a bag of goodies and vouchers during an event back in my NST days. Is that as good as it gets though? What about the cash, the all expenses paid trip, the brand new BMW and dare I add – the posh Armanee condo?

Some people have all the luck in the world when it comes to winning contests. While they’re winning contest after contest on a perpetual lucky streak, I’m still waiting by the sideline. Speaking of which, my friend, Sher, is currently reaping the riches of her win in ASTRO’s Desperate Housewives contest last year. As I’m writing this, she’s happily on her way to Chicago to attend the Oprah Winfrey Show! Not only is Oprah one of Sher’s idols, she’s also flying Business class on MAS. Once she arrives, she’ll head straight to her paid-for hotel room where she’ll be staying for almost a week. All Sher needs to do is just kick back and enjoy the ride!

So, after Sher's lucky break, I'm even more optimistic that one fine day, when I’m least expecting it, I’ll win something huge. Like Forrest Gump said "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get!"


33 comments:

Anonymous,  January 23, 2007 9:07 AM

Oh Marzie! Am hoping I could also win something big this year! (I have a car in mind but cash will do too!) So let's hope we win at least something, other than promotional perfumes! God bless us!

Mariuca January 23, 2007 12:06 PM

A car!! I would love to win a car so I can sell it and get ca$h!!! Good luck to us, he he!

Unknown January 27, 2007 11:02 AM

Hey, i won a scratch and win at parkson...tapi daliey kata dapat tuala or pen saja...how? until now me just simpan (eh mana that scratch card?) and tak collect the prize...

Mariuca January 27, 2007 12:06 PM

Helmy, let's hope it's a towel and not just a pen!!

emilayusof September 27, 2008 10:49 PM

i envy sher lah! I wish one day to meet oprah too and I would be one of the lucky recipient of her cars giveaway!

LadyJava September 28, 2008 2:18 AM

Wah lucky Sher!!! Sometimes when they announced contest like this.. I always say.. alah.. sure they select winner already.. sure gimmick jer.. but WOWEE.. your friend really won.. that's awesome..and to meet Oprah.. Sushi's mama is gonna freak out..lolzz!!

LadyJava September 28, 2008 2:20 AM

I used to be very lucky.. i won a trip to club med bali, a perfume (cant remember what brand) at a secretary day dinner and a host of small lucky draw..

but now.. not so lucky lah.. can't even win your mug..lolzz!!

Mariuca September 28, 2008 2:24 AM

Dat's why! Some more Oprah is like Sher's idola, so she was on cloud nine! ;)

Wow at least u won a trip to CM! I think my biggest win was Emila's giveaway ha ha! :):):)

LadyJava September 28, 2008 2:44 AM

yeah my greatest win was that CM trip..so syiok..i made a return trip :)

You're on to winning more at Emila's blog I'm sure GP :)

Mariuca September 28, 2008 2:45 AM

Emila! Me too la dear! Oprah is so generous, giving away cars like nobody's business kan? Siapa masuk Oprah, terus famous woo hoo! :):):)

LadyJava September 28, 2008 2:48 AM

Emila, GP.. Oprah is away stuff like crazy..she got lots of sponsors lah!! but yes.. i would love to win any giveaway from her or Ellen for that matter...heheh

emilayusof October 03, 2008 6:56 PM

Oh, I love Ellen punya show jugak! She's is so funny!

emilayusof October 03, 2008 6:57 PM

and I think Ellen is cute too ;)

LadyJava October 04, 2008 2:55 PM

Yeay.. and you know she just got married kan??

emilayusof October 07, 2008 1:54 AM

i'm waiting to win for october...

emilayusof October 07, 2008 1:55 AM

eh kawin dengan sapa? dengan portia ker???

Elara October 12, 2008 6:05 PM

I've never won anything big either. I penah win cds from radio stations, itu je la yg I ingat..hehe..

LadyJava October 12, 2008 10:57 PM

I rarely win anything big nowadays.. I want to win USD250!!!!

Elara October 13, 2008 4:16 AM

Best giler tu kan LJ? Terus up our income for the month kaw2 punya! :)

emilayusof October 18, 2008 12:03 AM

i rarely win anything oso!

emilayusof October 18, 2008 12:03 AM

eh sori baru menang RM2000 hari tu!

emilayusof October 18, 2008 12:03 AM

but that was like once in 100 years la kan

emilayusof October 18, 2008 12:04 AM

few years back i aktif masuk contest kat magazine

emilayusof October 18, 2008 3:05 PM

dapat macam-macam...

emilayusof October 18, 2008 3:05 PM

menang designers tote...

emilayusof October 18, 2008 3:07 PM

ada sekali tu menang perfume lolita lempicka and Rm3000 package stay at JW Marriot!

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:30 PM

am waitin to win here at your blog as TC, marzie!

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:30 PM

bila lah nak menang...

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:30 PM

debbie tu tak penat penat

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:31 PM

lj je yg slow sikit sebab dia tumpukan perhatian pada mommy dia...

Post a Comment

Love n Hugs from Genie Princess!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Mariuca's Visitors