Thursday, November 30, 2006

Streamyx oh Streamyx ...

Long wait to install broadband.
Failure to re-connect Streamyx.
Slow response to repair Streamyx.

The past two weeks, Streamyx has been bombarded with complaints in the MM. Yet, TMNet's response is far from satisfactory. Initially, I didn't want to go down this lane again, but Streamyx - you give me no choice; your constant failure to please is once too many and now, I NEED to speak up.

Early this year, I went to TMpoint DU to have my Streamyx line transferred to my new address. Their Rep REPEATEDLY assured me that I would be re-connected to Streamyx within 5-7 days tops. While I was happily choosing my new phone number, he also confirmed that Streamyx was available in my new area.

So imagine my horror when I still wasn't connected after 2 weeks! The next 2 months was a complete nightmare. Working from home without Internet access severely affected my work. I called up TMNet's Service Centre MANY times, only to be put on a wild goose chase. I was fed with silly excuses like Telekom has not activated my new line (which they did within 2 days of my move), my application for re-connection is still pending at their HQ , my port needs to be reset, my Streamyx account is still listed to my old phone number (which was already disconnected by the way) and this is the best one - the problem is my modem and I should bring it to a computer shop, get it fixed, and then call them back! TMNet failed miserably to justify my missing connection and I was sorely made to wait.

Btw, TMNet does NOT return calls. Every time I requested for a Manager to call me with an explanation, I was left in vain. Despite my urgency and frustration, NOBODY had the decency to apologize for my inconvenience and stress. I had to demand for one and even then, they were reluctant!

After a month without Streamyx, I received a reminder saying that I haven't paid my bill, which only got me more riled up. Why should I pay for a non-existent service? I was told that I had to settle the bill in order to avoid service disruption (what service?)! I paid the bill after they assured me again and again that I would get a rebate once my Streamyx line is re-connected.

Almost 2 months passed and there was still no proper response from TMNet. Many angry phone calls later, I finally got back my Streamyx connection and quickly filed for my 2-month rebate. After a week or so, I was rudely slapped with a shocking email saying that I am not ELIGIBLE for any rebates! Apparently, I "breached" the clause stating customers are to ensure Streamyx service is available in their respective areas prior to applying. This brings me back to my TMpoint visit where I did get confirmation that Streamyx service was available in my new address. And now they're insulting me by saying "Hey we're sorry but we can't compensate you because you didn't do your homework"? What followed next was the biggest tantrum I've ever thrown!

By the time I finally got my rebate, I was already dead beat. The whole episode really took its toll on me and I'm no longer a happy camper, just a mean bitter customer who now frowns at the mere mention of Streamyx.

By the way, I didn't receive my Streamyx bill for 2 months following this incident. After several enquiries, Service Centre realized my bills were still being sent to my old address! So get this - I was receiving connection in my new place but was being billed at the old address? AAAARGHHHHHH!! After giving them a piece of my mind yet AGAIN, I was in total disgust and disbelief at such a horrendous display of unprofessionalism and incompetence. TMNet has left me totally devoid of any appeal or respect for them.

Today, whenever I pass by a Streamyx kiosk in shopping centres and see those sales people waving their flyers in my face trying to make a sale, it takes all my strength to stop from lashing out at them! And till today too, whenever I see a Streamyx complaint in the papers, I can't help but smile. So who has the last laugh now??

PS. I came across a similar Streamyx situation at Nihal's site. Check it out here: Nihal's Anything n Everything: Streamyx Let-Down

68 comments:

emilayusof November 30, 2006 4:39 PM

Wah, angers lah you!! Anyway, transferred my phone line last week. Got Streamyx connection yesterday (after calling them more than 5 times). Cepat lah pulak....

Mariuca November 30, 2006 5:26 PM

Of course la angers Emila Yusof!! Good thing you got yours back in a jiffy or not lagi la I angers for you...ha ha!

Unknown November 30, 2006 9:16 PM

Kesiannya Marzie...

Now baru i faham advert streamyx kat tv tu...rupanya those people yang pengsan sebab the service is giving them nightmares...hahahaha

ok now to "bakar" marzie...

StreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyxStreamyx

Mariuca November 30, 2006 11:19 PM

Terima kasih la Helmy kerana memahami situasi saya :) Apa-apa hal, I still have Info-Age as back up!

DeeDee November 30, 2006 11:55 PM

streamyx kami so far alhamdulillah.
dia breakdown bila lupa bayar bill je. Tapi memang...part nak potong tu sungguh cepat mereka.

Mariuca December 01, 2006 12:07 AM

So far after my incident, ok la Streamyx, but am still keeping my guards up! Berjasa jugak si Info-Age tu!

Unknown December 01, 2006 11:06 AM

early 2000 i nearly setup an isp...nasiblah tak jadi...klu tidak kena deal dengan customer macam marzie...penshannnnnn...hehehhehe

Mariuca December 01, 2006 11:52 AM

Helmy, of course when credit is due I give credit... only when the service SUCKS then the claws come out!

emilayusof December 01, 2006 12:20 PM

Hahaha...claws come out...catwoman la you!

Mariuca December 01, 2006 12:29 PM

Catwoman? He he, I like the sound of that!

Unknown December 01, 2006 1:03 PM

yeah Catwoman...but more on the BIG cats side (lioness la tu), bukan yang manja-manja kat rumah tu...heheheh

Mariuca December 01, 2006 1:08 PM

BIG cats.... astaga ..... Obviously you don't know my obsession with the word BIG! Anyway, of course lioness must defend herself ma..... How to survive in the "wild" if not?

Unknown December 01, 2006 1:17 PM

Astagaaa Marzianna ni...obsesi dengan "BIG"...now what about "HUGE"?

p/s: Marzie, tell me bagasi tangan anda lebih "BIG" dari bagasi tangan isteri saya tak?

Mariuca December 01, 2006 1:22 PM

Ye Encik Helmy, saya memang obsesi dengan perkataan BIG itu, apatah lagi HUGE...ASTAGA!!!

Bab-bab Bagasi ini, isteri awak memang la terrer, I'm not one for handbags. Same goes for shoes! So, I'm pretty sure DD's many bagasis combined is lagi BIG than my average 1-2 bagasis!

Unknown December 01, 2006 1:26 PM

yeah, pity me kan...when she ask me to carry her bagasi around...hehehhehe...ok back to work...poof!

NIHAL June 01, 2007 6:46 PM

Ha ha ha, Can't help laughing.....because it's all true!

Pay for what, when there's no service, right?

And when we call them, they assume that we are some dumb bell who doesn't know how to trouble-shoot and we have sit on the phone for the next half an hour, listening to their trouble-shooting dialogues AARGHH, they drive me up the wall!

Anyway, these are some of the things that make us learn on how to adapt to 'different levels' of people.

On a lighter note, Yes, I think you should visit Penang, their Nasi Kandar....happening!

Mariuca June 02, 2007 12:02 AM

Hey Nihal, am so happy you can relate to my situation and yes, tell me about that troubleshooting nonsense! I recently went through it AGAIN when Streamyx was down for 5 hours several weeks back! :(

Anonymous,  June 02, 2007 12:59 PM

It's not much different dealing with broadband providers over here in the states either. I've come close to pulling all my hair out numerous times dealing with them, which of course is no small feat considering the amount of hair I have :P

Mariuca June 02, 2007 1:54 PM

Hey Mike, guess we have no choice but to tough it out until they really improve their service! For now, I'm just happy happy to receive connection at all :) Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Syafrizal June 08, 2007 6:16 PM

Sorry to hear about your Streamyx
That's why I've changed to Jaring Wireless..
It's not that great and it's not that bad either...
heheh at least they didn't block my torrent heheh

Mariuca June 08, 2007 6:29 PM

Syaf! Happy to see you here :) The best part is, until today Streamyx is getting complaints and they keep on apologizing, but not bucking up. I've not heard of this Jaring Wireless though.

Por Por Channel June 28, 2007 8:47 PM

well...really keksim about the stupid service lah...
one month waiting for them to fix my internet prob....afterward one month is ok.....
then another come back to the stupid prob again!
key ports not found etc!

wat to do?

Mariuca June 28, 2007 8:50 PM

Cheeky! You should throw a huge tantrum like me! Or complain to MM Hotline, show them you mean business mah.... LOL! :)

Anonymous,  August 02, 2007 4:40 AM

well Marzie,

we are in the same boat.

so here the shout:

streamyx streamyx streamyx streamyx streamyx

err...tired lah jerit streamyx...bukan daapat upah pun lol :D

Mariuca August 02, 2007 11:40 AM

Ha ha ha, that's so true Joe! Shout as loud as u want but if they choose not to listen to u, you'll hafta suffer the same predicament u and I both went through! Come on Streamyx, buck up! ;)

LadyJava October 14, 2007 4:11 PM

Arghhhh.. Streaymx!! Don't get me started girl ;-)...

Am looking for alternatives but not much offered here in KL.. now Penang.. that's a different story ;-)

Mariuca October 15, 2007 2:33 AM

I know LJ, so far no other alternatives for me too, which is why I'm so pissed off that they don't seem to be improving! :(

LadyJava September 28, 2008 1:30 AM

Streamyx oh streamyx!!

emilayusof October 03, 2008 6:45 PM

but streamyx is better than maxis!

emilayusof October 03, 2008 6:45 PM

but i never tried celcom one.

LadyJava October 03, 2008 10:29 PM

Yelah Emila.. mana wireless boleh lawan fixed line.

LadyJava October 03, 2008 10:30 PM

Don't try celcom... our good doctor tried it and it sucks..

LadyJava October 03, 2008 10:31 PM

What's worse is that when she bought it the guy didn't tell her it wont work with Vista which is what her Viao is running on :(..

LadyJava October 03, 2008 10:31 PM

So she had to switch with her hubby laptop tau..

Mariuca October 04, 2008 12:13 AM

Ladies, I don understand...wireless doesn't work with Vista??? Sure or not ni?

Am thinking of getting a router so that I can go wireless also, I must ask Zeff about this. He's been recommending to me this router thingy which I tak faham!

LadyJava October 04, 2008 12:21 AM

GP!! Wireless can use with vista.. I' refering to that Celcom plan.. kalau setakat wireless access like me where I can watch tv and surf the net.. no problems.. in fact best!!!

emilayusof October 07, 2008 1:24 AM

haah...janganlah guna mobile punya plan...

emilayusof October 07, 2008 1:25 AM

masa dekat damansara, i wanted to subscribe for maxis punya wireless but hampeh...cannot use if live on 6th floor and above...crazy...

emilayusof October 07, 2008 1:26 AM

but with streamyx can la...I so far only have one time rpobelm with streamyx. the rest is with mesrahosting!

emilayusof October 07, 2008 1:27 AM

hahah to helmy punya remark!

LadyJava October 07, 2008 1:27 AM

Emila.. i tried to upgrade to the 4mb plan for streamyx..but unfortunately they say they dont support kat Ampang.. you guna which plan??

emilayusof October 17, 2008 11:42 PM

penatlah mengomen...rizal dan debbie never give up la

emilayusof October 17, 2008 11:42 PM

hehe i dunno whether i can bertahan...

emilayusof October 17, 2008 11:42 PM

dapat no 2 pun jadiklah

emilayusof October 17, 2008 11:43 PM

oklah, i'll settle for number 4 at least

emilayusof October 17, 2008 11:43 PM

will sure topple back if somebody overtook me at #4!

emilayusof October 17, 2008 11:44 PM

marzie, dun mind k me talking alone

emilayusof October 17, 2008 11:44 PM

trying to up my comments...

emilayusof October 17, 2008 11:44 PM

dah takde idea nak cakap apa

emilayusof October 18, 2008 2:45 PM

so now your streamyx ok or not, marzie?

emilayusof October 18, 2008 2:45 PM

mine so far so good!

LadyJava October 19, 2008 10:37 AM

my streamyx ok lah... kadang2 jer terkedu2...

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:10 PM

wei? nobody came here today?

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:10 PM

i am going to chicken dance here!

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:10 PM

oh yea...oh yea la la la

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:11 PM

that's the way ahak ahak

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:11 PM

i like it ahak ahak...

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:11 PM

du du du du du du du du....

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:11 PM

come on emila repeat that!

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:12 PM

that's the way ahak ahak

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:12 PM

i like it ahak ahak...

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:12 PM

du du du du du du du du....

emilayusof October 21, 2008 6:21 PM

that's the way ahak ahak...

emilayusof October 22, 2008 9:54 AM

Isk, Rizal ni betul2 determine!

emilayusof October 22, 2008 9:54 AM

how to overtake like that!

Post a Comment

Love n Hugs from Genie Princess!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Mariuca's Visitors