Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I Want In!



B has this absolutely amazing HRC shot glass collection, which at times, makes me green with envy, seeing them in his glass case, carefully polished and beautifully displayed in all their HRC grandeur! His collection started during his university days in Coventry, UK. What began as mere fascination, gradually turned into an attractive hobby.

One of his personal favorites is the one from Banff, Canada, a world famous resort town flanked on all sides by Alberta's Rocky Mountains. While visiting his sister in Calgary, B stumbled upon HRC Banff on one of their outings, which to him was one pleasant discovery.

B's HRC shot glass collection grew bigger thanks to friends, family and colleagues who, when traveling, will get him one as a memento of their trip. It got to a point where he no longer had to remind people that "Hey, don't forget to bring home a shot glass for me". Whenever someone goes traveling, he or she would automatically get B his shot glass. The mere mention of shot glass immediately turns to B; it's almost as if they covet to be in his display!

Many people I know are in his collection. Zeff, Izzat, Sher, Qadir, Aireen are already holding their respective spots. Even my friends like Emily Chong, RajMo, Intan, Shyamala, Zulman and Raimy are in there somewhere - everyone but ME! Feeling left out just makes me more adamant about having a spot in his prized display.

Our recent visit to Tokyo saw me hell-bent on securing my spot with a HRC Tokyo shot glass. We visited HRC twice, but both times I was too excited and engrossed in other merchandise items to remember my "mission". In the end, B selected and paid for his own shot glass! Imagine my dismay when I realized I missed a huge opportunity to be in his collection. As disappointed as I was by my own lack of attention, I still insisted that the Tokyo glass bores my signature since I was there when he made his purchase - I just didn't make the actual transaction! Nonetheless, we both know that's not really the case.


There's still hope though. One shot glass, albeit easily obtainable, is yet to be featured in his display - HRC KL. Despite living in PJ and proudly owning a whole bunch of shot glasses from all over the world, B's collection is missing our very own KL version. Our countless visits to HRC KL have yet to end with this one significant purchase. There's always an excuse to refrain us from buying it like "Hey, KL is just around the corner, so what's the rush?" or "We'll get it next time, together with the Special Edition version" (Yeah, right!).

So this is my early New Year's resolution: I shall go to HRC KL and get B his shot glass. At whatever cost or consequence. By hook or by crook, I WILL claim my rightful spot in his pool, right at the top - where I belong!


52 comments:

emilayusof November 22, 2006 4:20 PM

Don't wait till new year la, Marzie! You go now girl!

Mariuca November 22, 2006 4:57 PM

Sure or not Emila.... See la myself - Berkobar-kobar buat resolusi but now not sure if wan to buy earlier! :)

Unknown November 22, 2006 6:38 PM

i bet lil benji want his spot too...

Mariuca November 22, 2006 10:31 PM

Helmy, of course! Baba kan "human cat", ada emosi! :)

LadyJava October 14, 2007 4:04 PM

heheh girl.. November 22 is round the corner.. and new resolutions are waiting to be made.. have your materialised this one yet?...lolz..

Mariuca October 15, 2007 2:35 AM

I'm shy to say I have not, BUT I got him the Tokyo one!!! ;)

LadyJava October 15, 2007 3:45 PM

Yeyyyy!! at least you claim your spot already.. Congrats... ;-)

Mariuca October 17, 2007 12:59 AM

He he, thanks LJ! But tak puas hati la, still need to secure the KL one for hubbs! ;)

emilayusof September 27, 2008 10:54 PM

sekarang mesti dah banyak collection B!

LadyJava September 28, 2008 1:01 AM

Wah now even got the one from Jean right.. though not HR but still shot glass kan??

emilayusof September 28, 2008 6:25 PM

shot glass jugak tapi takde logo HRC. Eh dun mind aa marzie, i tolong jawabkan bg pihak you.

Mariuca September 28, 2008 7:33 PM

Ha ha ha!!! Emila, now u pulak jadi my moderator kat sini, just like how I jadi ur moderator at ur blog LOL!!!

Betul tu LJ, only HRC shot glasses will be in B's display case and yes, dah semakin banyak dah his koleksi, but still got many more countries to collect from. Kalau pi obersea, kirim ye! :):):)

LadyJava September 29, 2008 5:41 AM

Emila.. I'm on NOW at myevo!!!! hurry!!!

LadyJava September 29, 2008 5:41 AM

Dah nak habis dah!!

LadyJava September 29, 2008 5:42 AM

Oppss dah habis dah!!! lain waktu pulak...heheh

emilayusof October 03, 2008 6:43 PM

ler...tak semps la lj!

LadyJava October 03, 2008 10:23 PM

heheh Emila.. takper.. dia looping so just watch out for it ok..hehe

emilayusof October 07, 2008 1:30 AM

you mean just watch out, no need to press play?

emilayusof October 07, 2008 1:30 AM

hehe sorry just joking

emilayusof October 07, 2008 1:31 AM

why do i feel that I sounded like TH?

emilayusof October 07, 2008 1:31 AM

ok, lj, i'll listen out

Elara October 12, 2008 4:05 PM

GP, dah dapat ke HRC KL punya shotglass? Nice la B's koleksi!

emilayusof October 14, 2008 12:04 AM

mesti dah ada yg kl punya kot

emilayusof October 18, 2008 2:47 PM

got or not marzie? ada kan?

LadyJava October 19, 2008 10:34 AM

I think GP dah ada dah Emila... eh I nak call you EM jer lah...boleh tak?

LadyJava October 19, 2008 10:35 AM

ke EY ke.. which one you like EM ke EY??

emilayusof October 19, 2008 5:59 PM

hehe E je pun ok! ringkas dan cepat taip!

emilayusof October 19, 2008 5:59 PM

hello LJ, this is E!

Elara October 19, 2008 10:56 PM

Hi LJ, hi GP, hi E! Wah, senangnya mcm ni, ringkas, cepat dan tepat! :)

Elara October 19, 2008 11:02 PM

I used to collect stamps, but now I collect postcards and magnets. :)

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:14 PM

masa sekolah i collect stamps jugak but later jual...

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:14 PM

now i start balik collect stamps lol!

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:15 PM

envelopes with post office stamps from all around the world

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:15 PM

I collect anything dragonfly!

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:16 PM

my last birthday marzie gave me fairy book! yay, i loveeeeee!

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:16 PM

the other day i bought mary cicely's book. she's a great fairy illustrator!

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:17 PM

best thing is the size is like those of BPs! and of course the publisher is Warnes!

emilayusof October 21, 2008 4:18 PM

so you ladies, lj and debbs, you can always remember me bila nampak dragonfly or fairy!

Elara October 21, 2008 4:47 PM

My BFF also loves dragonflies, she'll squeal in delight whenever she sees anything dragonfly!

Elara October 21, 2008 4:49 PM

ATC pun best jugak!

Elara October 21, 2008 4:50 PM

Dulu masa C's sister ada pub, they collect imported beer cans untuk display kat pub.

Elara October 21, 2008 4:50 PM

Tak tau plak u suka fairies ye Kak E! :)

Elara October 21, 2008 4:51 PM

Kenapa? Size dia besar ke kecik, Kak Emila? Sorry I tak tau.. :)

Elara October 21, 2008 4:52 PM

Now mesti remember Kak Emila kalau nampak dragonflies and fairies! :)

emilayusof November 04, 2008 2:13 PM

ya, mesti ingatkan saya ya, Debbs!

Post a Comment

Love n Hugs from Genie Princess!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Mariuca's Visitors